August Fundraiser – A Picnic for Sunday Suppers
Board members and project organizers Helen Nadel and Karen Shore, along with the Co-op staff, are throwing a fundraising picnic BBQ to benefit the Co-op’s outreach programs:
Friday August 26th from 5-8 p.m. on the patio outside the Co-op, open to all!
The meal includes sliced pork sandwiches, coleslaw, collards, macaroni and cheese, and carrot cake. For vegetarians, we will be providing a bowl of seitan chili in place of the sandwich.
Prices include a heaping plate of food – plus funds to provide food for people in need
– $18 for an adult plate (will help us offer 3 meals to people in need)
– $8 for a child’s plate (9 and under)
– $150 for a Supporter Table, which includes 4 chairs and 4 plates (will help us offer 40 meals to people in need)
– Live music to enjoy!Bring a picnic blanket or folding chairs!
– BYO drink: water, lemonade, beer, wine, sarsaparilla….We’ll recycle the bottle
– Can’t make the event or have more to give? We will happily accept donations – please make checks payable to the Swarthmore Co-op and put ‘Sunday Suppers’ in the memo line or register/pay online selecting your contribution level.