Join us for a fun, hands-on workshop at the Co-op where Karen Shore (MPH candidate, mother of 3 elementary schoolers, and veteran lunch packer) will cover topics related to packing delicious and healthy school lunches and snacks from home, including:
- Packed Lunch 101 – What you need to know and how to make it painless
- Containers – Lessons learned, tricks, and must-haves
- Beverages (and water bottles, and how not to have a lunchbox filled with old milk)
- Quick lunches – What to pack when you’re short on time
- Using leftovers – How to make the most of what’s around (and plan meals to contribute to lunches)
- Veggies rule – Why lunch has to have at least 1 serving and how to make it appealing
- Special lunches – What to pack on test days, field trips, and more
- Ages & stages – How the packed lunch may evolve as your child grows
- Snacks – a.k.a. life beyond Goldfish and pretzels
- Cost savers – Cost-cutting ideas will be discussed throughout.
Thursday, August 25th, from 7:30-8:45pm – outside, weather permitting. $10 for non-members; $5 for members.