Yields: One 9-inch pie
Oven Temp: 425
- 1 cup(s) (packed) light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cup(s) fresh Pumpkin Puree or canned
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg, for glaze
- 1 1/2 cup(s) evaporated milk
- Pâte Brisée (Pie Dough)
- 1 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin puree, and 3 eggs. Beat well. Add evaporated milk, and combine. Set aside.
- Between two pieces of plastic wrap, roll pâte brisée into a 12-inch circle. Fit pastry into a 9-inch glass pie plate; trim dough evenly along edge, leaving about a 1/2-inch overhang. Pinch to form a decorative edge. If the dough begins to soften, chill for 15 minutes.
- Make the glaze: Beat the remaining egg, and combine with heavy cream. Brush glaze very lightly on edges of pie shell. Fill pie shell with pumpkin mixture. Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes more. Cool on a wire rack.