Greener Partners Tapas Benefit
At Greener Partners and the Swarthmore Co-op, we believe local food is the best kind — where those who eat it feel connection to the soil it’s grown in and the people who cultivate it. In imagining a better food system, Greener Partners operates community Farm Hubs as resources for local produce and for education — as well as inspiration — about food and farming. Our farmers grow vegetables, herbs and fruit for our own Farm Market, Community Supported Agriculture members and to sell at area farmers’ markets. Our education programs engage kids, both on our farms and in area schools, through programs like Seed to Snack®, The SOL Food Project and Greener Partners Farm Camps. To cross generations, we offer workshops for adults and families on the “lost arts” of our agricultural and cultural past that still are relevant and useful in our lives today.
With a diverse range of projects throughout the Philadelphia region, we seek to make local food accessible by offering multiple ways of experiencing fresh, local food in our communities. Through our First Generation Farmer Program we are training the next generation of farmers to possess diverse skills for cultivating a better food system.
At 7 pm on Friday, April 27th, the Swarthmore Co-op, in support of Greener Partners, will be hosting a Community Supported Shares Benefit Event.
The event will be a Spanish themed B.Y.O.B. with music, dancing and a Tapas menu:
- Mussels with Sherry Vinaigrette
- Fresh Asparagus with Jamon Iberico
- Roasted Domestic Mushrooms with Seville Olives
- Roasted New Potatoes with Garlic and Saffron
- Tuna and Cod Fritters
- Toasted Baguette with Roasted Pepper and Aioli
- Assorted Spanish Cheeses with Membrillo and Marcona Almonds
- Chick Pea Salad with Smoked Paprika and Pickled Shallots
- Grilled Chorizo with Figs and Orange
- Frittata with Shrimp, Mahon and Grilled Tomato
- And more…
Cost for the event is $30 for Greener Partner Members, Swarthmore Co-op Members, CSA Members, Students and Seniors. All non-members will be $35 per person, children ages 6-13 are $20, and children under 6 are free.
All proceeds from the event will support the Greener Partners Organization. We hope you’ll join us!
Greener Partners Mission
Connecting communities through food, farms, and education.
Through our projects and programs we seek to:
- Increase and strengthen public access to fresh, seasonal and local food
- Train new farmers in resilient farming techniques and to achieve success in the growing local food economy.
- Educate people of all ages about the origins of their food and empower them to create healthy communities.
Greener Partners is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Swarthmore Co-op Mission
We are a cooperatively owned food market whose purpose is to enrich the economic and cultural welfare of our community by:
Providing healthy, delicious foods our customers can trust
- We believe in promoting healthy living; helping people make informed food choices; supporting organic and locally grown or produced products.
Celebrating community and diversity
- We believe the Co-op should be a warm, welcoming marketplace, creating opportunities for people to make connections.
Being a vital partner in the town center, founding our business practices on accountability, honesty and transparency
- We believe in valuing our partner/employees; empowering them to be good stewards of our Co-op and its resources; striving to provide them with a living wage and benefits.