I feel bad for Thanksgiving, I really do. With all the hubbub around Black Friday and Christmas starting weeks before the holiday, it’s easy to forget the real meaning of Thanksgiving. Sure, most people look forward to the decadent meal that awaits us on the third Thursday of November, but do you ever really hear people say what they are thankful for anymore? I know I don’t – I’m guilty myself! So, on behalf of the Co-op, I give you five things the Swarthmore Co-op is thankful for…
- Our members, employees, & community – These people keep us alive due to their undying love, support, enthusiasm, and hard work. We try to thank these people every day, but today, they get an extra “thank you.”
- Our farmers & vendors – Without these guys and gals we would have nothing to sell! But seriously, our farmers and vendors are some of the hardest working people we know. We thank them every day for their dedication to local, organic, and sustainable food movements.
- Co-ops worldwide – You guys rock! We’re all in it together, and your support and love is always greatly appreciated.
- Thanksgiving dinner – The one day that encourages indulgence. But in all seriousness, we are thankful to be able to fill our bellies with our families and friends. And a day off from work.
- Our future – We are confident our future is bright. With all of the love and support from you, we strive towards greatness every day.
So remember to give thanks this holiday season & Happy Thanksgiving!