How to Join …
It’s easier than ever to join the Co-op. You can join online or in-store during your next trip. We have several payment plans for your $300.00 investment and you can pay by cash or credit for as low as $5 per month. A household-wide, life-time long membership for just a one time fee!
Benefits of Membership
• Early Bird Special
Members get 5% off everything Monday through Friday from 8am-10am.
• Co-op Vitamins Discount
Members get 10% off Co-op Brand Nutrients and Vitamins, all day, every day.
• Frequent Buyer Program
Earn discounts and rewards buy buying some of your favorite products at the Co-op.
• Member Appreciation Days
You will receive 10% off all purchases on Member Appreciation Days, which are held quarterly.
• 10 for 30 Member Specials
Each month, the Co-op has a themed member-only special, offering ten items to members at a discounted rate.
• Member Events & Classes
The Co-op brings together members and friends of the Co-op with regular events, classes and trips. Offered at a special rate to members.
• Special Orders Buying Club
You can special order large quantities and bulk items at discounted prices.
• Home Delivery on Tuesdays and Thursdays
$7 delivery charge
• Prepaid Personal House Account
$250 minimum deposit
• Voting privileges in Board elections and participation in Co-op governances
• Eligibility to Serve on the Board
• Shareholder of the Co-op
Having a vested interest in a local, sustainable business and supporting the local economy
• Patronage Rebate
If earnings are sufficient in a fiscal year, you will receive a patronage dividend based upon individual or household purchases.
Beyond what Members get, however, the Swarthmore Co-op also focuses on what Members GIVE by owning part of the Co-op:
• Local farmers the ability to make a living and provide real, fresh, better tasting food of which you are the benefactor
• The earth a better chance
• Employment opportunities to over 40 local people
• A partnership in promoting food safety
• The Co-op the ability to have outreach programs for the community
• Support to your local economy
• The Co-op the chance to act as a community hub for events and classes
• The creation of community
• Other local businesses the opportunity to use the co-op as a boost to their business through purchasing and partnership
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
IT’S TIME TO JOIN THE NEARLY 1,200 MEMBERS OF THE SWARTHMORE CO-OP!
If you have any questions concerning membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org